Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Julie Richoz: Refined Experimentation | Design | Architonic

<b>TLmag: What first drew you to the prospect of design?</b> Julie Richoz: I’ve always felt comfortable with creative work. While other children played sports or danced on Wednesday afternoons, I attended art courses. Eventually, I put all my energy into getting into a special section of high school dedicated to the arts. There I discovered different practices: graphic and object design, architecture and fashion. I ultimately decided to pursue furniture. The field benefits from a large tool ‘palette’ used to express ideas, a range of materials, shapes, colours and contexts. Rather than spend all of my time behind a computer producing graphics, I opted for the more collective and manual nature of furniture design. <b>TLmag: How did studies at ECAL shape your interests?</b> J.R.: ECAL taught me to be rigorous and a perfectionist. The school has a ‘success-oriented’ approach, turning out fresh talent every year. ECAL’s strength is its growing network. During my studies, I engaged w… continue



from New stories by Architonic http://ift.tt/2f9yvoa

No comments:

Post a Comment