Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Todd Bracher: “Trump will not affect our creativity” | News | Architonic

“It is not about me and my personality, it is completely about the end user,” says the New Yorker, born in 1974, who studied at Pratt Institute in New York and at Designskolen in Copenhagen. Todd Bracher founded his own studio in 1999, working for clients such as 3M, Georg Jensen, Herman Miller, Humanscale and Cappellini. In January 2017, Todd Bracher implemented the home study “Das Haus” at the imm Cologne furniture fair. We spoke with the designer about new responsibility, public interest and the current creative climate in the Big Apple. <b>You have spent ten years in Europe studying and working between Copenhagen, Milan, Paris and London. What was your first thought as you were moving back to New York in 2007? </b> What am I doing here?” was my first thought. In January 2007, there were no iPhones. I didn’t exist for the public. When I was talking about design, people didn’t know about it. There was a language barrier between Europe and America in terms of design. But when the i… continue



from New stories by Architonic http://ift.tt/2wGInxe

No comments:

Post a Comment