Monday, January 23, 2017

Material Tendencies: Claesson Koivisto Rune | News | Architonic

Architonic met up with the multidisciplinary architecture and design studio recently to dip a toe into the nordic design landscape. <b>Which material would you choose if you had to restrict yourself to working with just one for the next three years?</b> Mårten Claesson: I have three kids and you are asking me to choose a favourite. Wood perhaps. After all, we are from Scandinavia. We are pretty accustomed to working with wood. It is a material that tends to be both hard and soft at the same time. And it has a kind of warmth. Eero Koivisto: I am a little bit excited about concrete right now. I like that it is a very plastic material that allows you to create different shapes. There might be a strong movement towards materials that you can mould things with. It has not really been there for 10 or 15 years, so I think this could be the future. Mårten Claesson: One of the trends that have been quite strong over the last few years, I think, are sort of back-to-basic materials such as dif… continue



from New stories by Architonic http://ift.tt/2j8dKpQ

No comments:

Post a Comment