Tuesday, August 16, 2016

headline.browser-titleMaterial Tendencies: Jean-Marie Massaud

Architonic met up with the French architect and designer earlier in the year, whose work ranges from industrial and interior design, through major architectural projects, to one-off items and series production. <b>Which material would you choose if you had to restrict yourself to working with just one for the next three years?</b> This is very challenging. I don’t think I have a certain style or preference, so I am open to every kind of material. I like natural materials that are versatile and efficient. Usually it is the merging of high technology and natural material incarnation. I always like to explore the competence of industrial potential and then combine it with something more gentle and warm. I like for example the democratic and affordable aspect of a plastic chair, but then I want to have a soft touch on my bottom. So I add felt or some other natural material to the plastic shell. <b>… and within the architectural field? Any preferences?</b> My personal sensitivity is t



from New stories by Architonic http://ift.tt/2b060Wl

No comments:

Post a Comment