Sunday, June 18, 2017

Material Tendencies: Khodi Feiz | News | Architonic

<b>If you had to work with one material for the next three years, which would you choose?</b> Materials are an ever evolving issue and when looking back, I find the tendencies always return to the use of natural materials such as steel, wood, fabrics, … so I would say my favorite material is natural [laughing]. There is a lot of evolution happening within scientific research, and I think that lightweight materiality is a big subject at the moment, which is something that I am interested in as well. Fiber technologies and fiber materials are coming into our domain, especially in furnishing. <b>Have new technologies influenced your working process?</b> Not really. For our projects we use technology very heavily, yet all initial ideas are designed on paper. This has not changed for me. I still love the feeling of pen on paper. <b>What do you think of the expectation to continually produce something NEW?</b> In my opinion, there is nothing new under the sun. Everything is inspi… continue



from New stories by Architonic http://ift.tt/2ruorIB

No comments:

Post a Comment