Monday, June 20, 2016

Material Tendencies: Marcel Wanders | Architonic

Architonic recently met Marcel Wanders in New York City. No less surprising was his reaction to our question when having to choose one material only. <b>Marcel Wanders:</b> That would be difficult. Basically the only material I am interested in is grey mass – your brain! Because that is the only material which is really making an effect for your experience. I don’t specifically care about stone, wood or plastics. I care about what my work does with my audience and I am really happy to be very free in which material I work with. I always try to use materials that I have never used before. <b>At what point within the design process do you decide in favour of a specific material? What comes first – the shape or the choice of material?</b> Basically every project starts really open because anything is possible. But if you think about the project, you narrow down what is the real opportunity in a situation. It really depends on the clients you work for, the budgets, the place it has to g



from New stories by Architonic http://ift.tt/28Njkuv

No comments:

Post a Comment